Friday, October 18, 2019

The Nobel Project

I've decided upon a new project. I intend to read literature by each winner of the Nobel prize in literature.

Reasons for doing this:


  • It's a great way to read a diverse selection of writers from around the world
  • Someone thought they were very good in order to give them a prize
  • It'll expose me to lots of different forms of literature from over a hundred year span and a number of countries

A few rules:

  • I'm only going to review things that I can acquire at my local library. (So no Sully Prudhomme, aka the first winner)
  • I will read things in English,  unless possibly I find a good Spanish language copy, in which case I might read them in Spanish, but probably not
  • I will review the books here based on both whether I liked them (as a reader) and whether I think they're good books (from hopefully a more "well, this did interesting things, even if I thought they were stupid" perspective)

So hopefully I'll find some great books. Maybe I'll just read a lot. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment